Thursday, June 18, 2009

Power Outage

Couple of days before, at work…..
I was starring at the monitor without moving anywhere as if I was glued to the chair. I was trying to open some document and all of a sudden the mouse stopped working. The computer got disconnected from the network. All the lights were turned off.
I realized it was a “Power outage”. After coming to the US, it was the first time I encountered a power outage.

Ah…….Probably it was a time to take break :)

Some of my coworkers started heading to their home. I was wondering what next to do?

But this brought a kind of happiness in everyone’s face as though no one is compelled to work anymore.

In school and college days it was really fun when an unexpected holiday was declared. Especially the bombs scare kind of rumors. I remember running to the play ground once during a bomb scare in the school.

Will a similar thing happen today? When I cannot afford to take a day off, it’s ok to expect a leave announcement.
Such was a kind of thought running through my mind and unfortunately everything resumed in 15 minutes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Smilie,
This article helped us 2remember my golden school days.Like wise i read an article similar to this.Power cut in chennai helps many apartment people to have a joy and fun in their terrace under moon light.
Always past remembarances are golden memories.


Cheers,
AM

cm chap said...

Ha Ha... So u crashed n a matter of 15 Min :)

I knw... I have seen power outage once n US and next day ppl spoke abt it for Hrs on how scary it was...

I cudnt endorse their melodramatic view... I kept quiet. After all power outage evryday is not even worth discussg in India. Bcz evryday 10 times htr is an outage