Friday, July 06, 2007

Life's success depends on right attitude

Never believe the lines on your hand to predict your future,
because people who have no hands also have a future.
-THINK!

http://library.thinkquest.org/04oct/01056/HellenKeller.htm

The above said quote was sent as SMS to me. It was thought provoking indeed.

When I was in my college days, there was a professor from a different department
who used to travel in my bus. He was a kind of person who had an interest in palmistry.
He was very friendly with everyone but always created an opportunity to read palms.
I am a kind of person who is curious about all these things. I believe in it sometimes and sometimes I have a feel that am just curious. May be it depends on what kind of impression I have on the person who reads the palm. I was once forced to be a victim of his palm reading. I hardly remember what he told me, but am sure many of what he told me did not turn out to be true.


At some point of time in life ,when we end up with problems which we think are unsolvable, we run away from solving the problem and start analyzing our fate or future. Instead if we start working on how to approach the problem and solve it, am sure we are close to completion.


I have interacted with visually and mentally challenged children. I had once been to a school for visually impaired children. The purpose of the visit was to aid them to read their academic portions as they felt they required some assistance in it. The children were nostalgic when they had new people to get acquainted with. I was there to assist some 3-4 children who were around 12 yrs old. I was also there to teach them computer science. I thought them for quite sometime and they really liked it. Later we started playing word building, antyakshari and many more. There was a guy in the lot who had excellent keyboard playing skills. I was thrilled to see his talents. I learnt from him that passion and optimism can bring out excellent results.


Most of the success in life lies in self confidence, determination, perseverance and on top of it optimism. Optimism is like a seed which gives nourishes favorable results.


I personally feel from many of my experiences that, we can come out of any critical point when we remain to be bold, patient, persevering, optimistic and leave the rest to the almighty. The thought really provoked me to write this article as I wanted to bring out the fact here that life does not depend on the lines in palm.


P.S: Fellow blog writers can log in whatever they feel on the article, in the comments section.

Disclaimer: The post is not intended to hurt those who have belief in astro science. The motive is to bring out the essential attitude one has to possess.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

Tat was really a good one..:-)ofcourse thought provoking

I do agree for that quote...and ofcourse Opitimism ..tat s is a important tool for success..Kudos keep up.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

cm chap said...

Hey Smilie.. Nice Post.. I'm a firm beliver of... "Optimism is the faith that leads to success". Optimism & Passion.. will take u hwere u want to go.

smilie said...

Hi cm-chap,

Thanks for the comments:)

Anonymous said...

I am old and cynical! :-) Hence, this notion of optimism and the like doesn't really grab my vote. The divining arts are not for specifying how one should live a life but merely to guide. Subtle difference! :-) More subtle is the difference between optimism and foolhardiness. I tend to think that clarity and passion are the sole ingredients to a happy life.
The quote is interesting but it is like saying "Jaundice can be recognised by the yellowing of the skin. Now what do we do about the folks in Namibia?" You look for other symptoms!!! :-D

smilie said...

Eroteme,

Thanks for visiting my blog:)

I was trying to emphasise on the attitude one has to possess in greater proportions.Now it makes me think ,if the real epitome of it was brought out in the post or not.

Anonymous said...

I do realise what you were trying to emphasise, but my point is usually that. The SHAM (self-help and actualisation movement) of developing better attitudes, positive perspectives, etc. is (IMHO) very shallow in what they target. Probably they are presented with the best intention but these cannot be sustained over a long period of time. What a person needs to realise is what drives them, what they want and how willing are they to go about getting it. Once a person is clear about one's drives and motivation then things fall into place and even adverse situations are clearly tackled because a person is aware and has clear instincts to guide their life. With all the positive attitude of the world, if I didn't have clarity, I will always be faced with doubt and self-doubt... Makes sense?

Anonymous said...

As rightly pointed out by eroteme..clarity of thoughts plays a very critical role. This coupled up with positive attitude and passion wud drive to success...Good going..kudos..keept it up...