Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Chiming Celebrations

From mid june on ,it was celebrations at home. All at home were waiting for one such moment in the family. When six months before anna got engaged, work at office was still hectic. I found I am missing the real fun that life offers me when I cannot devote time to enjoy them. But then as I have heard time changes and only thing constant in the world is a change, I realized life could tilt at any angle. The work pressure got subsided and I had enough time to shop for anna's wedding. Weekends were a bliss enough for preparations for the awaited moment.

I bought two saris. One was perips and perims gift for anna's wedding and the other one was what I had planned to buy for a long time. I bought a tussar silk in a deep maroonish brown color with lot of crystal embellishments on it. I found it to be pretty interesting as it suited my taste.It really looked very elegant when I wore it. It gave a very soothing look, could be worn for a part as well as for a wedding occasion. The other was a dark violet colored georgette sari with kundan worked on it. I was nostalgic when I found that colored
sari and typically the way I wanted the sari to be ,in Kumaran. I have a profound belief on Kumaran's collections that I would for sure end up with satisfaction when I buy a sari there. I then bought some accessories suiting the saris. I generally prefer simple chokers with cute little pearls hanging from them.

Amma was insisting to plan our costumes for the wedding from one week before hand. The funny part here is anna himself bought his suit and blazer for the occasion just 3-4 days before. Anyways where were we? Okay, then I decided to wear my silk sari for the viradham on the first day that perims and perips had gifted for akka's wedding. kundan worked sari for the reception in the evening. The tussar silk on the next day for muhurtham.

Then it was on the day before marriage when we all gathered at perips place.
We prayed the almighty for his blessings for glorious success. There was a hearty welcome from the bride’s party. The viradham went on well. Tamil Brahmin marriage is known for its kalyana sappadu and a lively celebration. The cateres did their best. I dressed up like a gujju for the reception party. There was a beautiful buffet arrangement in the lawn. The crowd enjoyed eating the dinner. The next day was the most awaited day. Kasi yatrai, oonjal followed by muhurtham when anna tied knots. There was Anandha kanneer in everyone’s eyes. Then it was nalangu in the evening. The next day was kattu sadhai koodai which was mean to distribute the packed food for the people who would become tired after a three days celebration.

The happy moments are chiming:)


2 comments:

cm chap said...

I guess u had quite a blast... Nice.. Nw back to work aaa?

smilie said...

cm-chap,

yes am back to work.
Thanks for visiting my blog:)