Friday, May 09, 2008

I was tagged

I was tagged by Suchi .This time I am taking up this tag as the topic was very interesting.
“What are the things I like and don’t like when it comes to watching movies?”

I generally like to watch movies which are of full length humor. You know it should make me laugh more and more that it makes me watch again and again. Vasool raja MBBS, P.K.S, panchatantram, Munna bai MBBS, arangetra velai, thillu-mullu, sathileelavathi, aaha and the list goes on.

Movies which are aimless but still fit good for few hrs are fine with me.(Gilli, pokkiri, santosh subramanyam, thiruvilayadal arambam).Still you see ..these movies make you feel light.

Most of the kamal movies are great and I especially love the versatility in his movies. Varying from manadhai urukkum movies like anbe sivam, sadhileelavathy, punnagai mannan, chachi 420, varumayin niram sivappu, meendum kokila, mahanadhi.

These days all the prakash raj titles are very interesting. I was very much impressed by 23 puli kesi. Mozhi was another excellent movie.One should watch such kind of movie with a Tall vanilla latte, extra hot and some wafers. Woww both are relishing. (I mean the movie and the coffee)..:)

Movies with romantic sceneries are welcome. Especially the ones by Rajiv menon in kandu konden kandu konden.Sanjai leela bansali kind of movies are still more colorful. Its like a total imaginary world, but I don’t mind being in such stimulated emission state where I get the luxury of living for sometime.

Cool movies like cheeni kum, may madham are like a carefully woven painting. Idhayathai thirudadhe, mouna ragam are movies that I watch any time I get a chance.

I should not forget the Persian movie “children of heaven” by majid majidi. Language is not a show stopper as long as I get to understand the movie.

Any romantic movie and a hero based movie for sure have a known ending. Even though the hero faces a lot of hurdles, sometimes even goes to the death bed, I knew nothing would happen to him. I like watching such stuffs when I knew the expected outcome and the movie sails in the same way. I can call it a time pass. Our captain is the best example for such movies. Who else can get alright just by pumping a hand full of soil on the wound? Its fun watching such movies with a gang and commenting through out the movie. Isn’t it?

“Nidharsanamana unmai” like shoot out at lokhandwala, parzania made me cry for hours and hours. But I still watch those movies. They are worth it.Taare zameen par falls in a different category. But still here crying yet worth is the motto.

I haven’t watched movies like paruthiveeran, pithamagan. Cuz I knew they were all kinda heavy subject. How much so ever the movie might be good but I still can’t watch such movies.
Also movies with village environment are not my kind. As per my analogy, most of these films have a saddening theme. I should not forget to tell about veyyil, sethu. They were good but still I could not relish much.

Old is gold. I love watching movies like server sundaram, edhir neechal, kaase dhan kadavulada, kathalikka neramillai.

Balachander movies are very different. There are many those who don’t like it in the first shot.
But I have watched movies like pudhu pudhu arthangal, kalki so many times. Most of his movies are heroin based. “Adhuvum bharathi kanda pudhumai pengal”.

I like rajini movies. In most of the movies, one song decides the story. Like padayappa, muthu. I used to get goose pimples when I watch them. His styles are amazing. Most of them are not practical but still I watch them for just him.
I get excited when I watch movies like Dil chahtha hai.
“Hum cake kaane kahin bhi jayenge”……..whenever I go for a b’day party, I remember this dialogue and I really mean there is no harm in attending parties just for cakesJ
I appreciate those timely humor sense of saif..Especially when he makes fun of sonali’s boy friend.

With loads of popcorn to munch, I start watching movies..I make sure I finish them in the first half itself.


Did I miss anything else??

4 comments:

Devi Ramachandran said...

Hi Smilie,

Tat was a exhaustive list indeed...and which also match with my kind of movie watching spl the balachandar,manirathnam and rajeev menon ones etc...

The sequence of tis post s too good and takes along while reading. it was jus like having a black forest cake while listening to a soothing carnatic or a melody number... (hey i jus tried to write as the way you write...)..hahhaha think i cant match ur way of writing posts :-)

Cool... :-) Keep writing posts like tis...Kudos...

Cheers'

Deviram

P.S: Thanks to suchi for tagging with a good topic like tis :-)

cm chap said...

Phew... That was a comprhensive list of whole movies... I nvr guessed u watch so much movies.

Yeah. I too prefer light movies... And also not so comfortable with village background for the same reason as urs.

Rams said...

Wow... a cool topic loaded with a looooooong list of interesting movies. ha..ha :)

Suchi said...

Good compilation; I can't agree more on the popcorn count! If I'm watching a movie at a hall, I'm very particular that the popcorn tastes good :D