Tuesday, July 14, 2009

5 star *****


Do you remember this old tamil advertisement for 5 star?
I was reminded of the 5 star advertisements….


It’s like this…….A girl tries to become a pop singer and fails miserably every time. The song goes like this…

Asaigal nirasai anadhe
Kanavum kai nazhuvi ponadhe
Nambikkai tharum manadhile
Oru pudhuvazhi udayam anadhe
Kai patruvom star ai sadippom viraivil vaa……..
Kai patruvom star ai sadippom viraivil vaa……..

As the song goes, she eats a five star to gain confidence and we see a pop singer on the screen :)For the past few days I have been searching this ad in you tube……
By now you know what the search result was… :(

No ad…No five star :(

5 comments:

Mee said...

oh what a coincidence, I was also searching the advertisement for Chota colgate which use to come during ramayana season. In vain. This 5 Star add was really a good one .. and the song tooo.

cm chap said...

Ah, memories... Athu oru kana kalam :0

Well, now you made my memories race back to Dairy Milk adv... The cricketer hits the six and his girlfriend gets on to the ground & dances... Policeman chases her to the embarassment of the cricketer.. One of my favorites

smilie said...

@Mee,
I am glad you like dit.

@Chap,
I am happy that this post brought back your old memories.

Arthi said...

wonderful ad. i love the dairy milk ad too ...we do not get them here...each time i go to India I buy 5 star and Dairy milk for jeeju and my self. :)

Anonymous said...

FFL (friends for life): it was really an eye opener after I went thru ur blog...I realised I've missed so much in my life ...actually never sat back and thought abt the goodies of the past...have been living alone for the past 8 years and live the day as it comes...you are doing gr8 stuff...