Monday, July 06, 2009

God’s in his heaven, All’s right with the world

One of my very best friends used to tell me, one should have pure thoughts on a Monday morning and the entire week depends on how one experiences Monday. I don’t believe much in these kinds of sentiments. Every day is special to me. There were times when I wore same colored clothes almost the entire week. Some of them have asked me, “is that your lucky color?” Well I believed when I wore a dress of my choice and liking, I was more confident. But I have this inadvertent love for dates. I am working on it to overcome.

When I was up this morning, unfortunately I was not sure how my day is going to be. Although I was identified as “The Woman” in an organization I had worked previously, that is the smilie I wish to be one today.

I had 4 tasks to be deployed and they were expected to go live in a week’s time. All of them were critical ones. I was appreciated for some of the tasks that were fabulously carried out so far. But I was also criticized that out of many things that go wrong, 2 of the 4 tasks require some more effort. I did not get a “GO” from the business and hence we put them on hold.

I was not unhappy or dejected. I was just tired.

I have this very senior colleague in my office who is a blind motivator for me. She does the testing for most of the code my team develops. She asks numerous questions and is sometimes confused too. I just walk over to her place for the respect I have for her age and explain her patiently. Sometimes when I have other priorities, there can be no other person in my office to understand me better than her. Today I had to ask something to her and I was relieved to get a timely help. All that I could say her was “Thanks”.

She replied me back…I am moved with your patience to help me out every time. There is not a single time when you have said “No”.

I was happy.

God’s in his heaven, All’s right with the world.

3 comments:

cm chap said...

Cheers... I too hv ths inadverent love for dates :)

Ah congratz for being "The Woman".. Ths increases my curiosity to knw you as a person. Well di i say, my ful time hobby is to analyze people.

Sometimes.. Sheer tiredness takes over the rest. thats fine

Its always nice to get a compliment specially from someone who speaks measuredly. Kudos for your patience. First & foremost quality of an Indian IT manager :)

mee said...

you are such a sweet soul with a smile.

smilie said...

@chap,
aadathen jab waqt me badli na jayi tho, zaroorathen ban jathi hain.
It means habits become necessity when we dont change them at right time.

@Mee,
Thanks :)