Wednesday, October 28, 2009



While growing up I was a complan girl and was told by my parents that coffee was not good for kids. I was not a big fan of complan. During my childhood, daily in the morning I pretended to sleep even when I woke up early in the morning only to procrastinate drinking a cup of complan. However I overcame this feeling when complan mango shake was introduced. huh it was a big relief !
The yellow colored cup with a fancy sipper for complan mango shake was a good marketing magic to attract the kids then.

Slowly I started drinking 1 cup of coffee in the morning. But I always knew my limits and I also never liked drinking it more than once. When I got a chance to be part of Isha Yoga’s inner engineering program, I learnt that caffeine randomly activates our nervous system in the morning. Since I liked the program, I also had a great respect for whatever that was taught and followed it until 3 months before. But unfortunately the aroma of freshly brewed coffee, while sipping it with lot of enjoyment has made me feel extra energetic and has become indispensable component in my life now.

Most of the days I drink 2 cups of coffee. When I start my work in the morning, the first thing I do is to get a cup of coffee without which I feel my desk is empty.

I am afraid that I would become addicted to coffee and would become an
“avid coffee drinker” :(

2 comments:

Arthi said...

I think we all need a cup of coffee at our desk to start the day...Btw i hated complan, was not a big fan of mango flavor either.
Arthi

cm chap said...

Ah you are my competitor... I'm a Boost Boy :)

I started drinkg coffee only after moving out of India.. Its bcz it was easy to prepare (Instant coffee) when compared to tea. These days its my brekafast supplement