Friday, June 04, 2010

xx is very dear to me; we have similar thoughts and lot of things in common. Like how we have many things in common, we also disagree on few things. If we agree to someone in totality, then aren’t we cloning that person?

A month back, she got a very important thing that she was waiting for. We have had discussions about that several times. I came to know that she received what she wanted and I was very happy for her. Then what else could be the problem here?

Xx recently started a foundation and she sent several emails about that. I was waiting to hear the good news from her. But she emailed not even once. Well this disturbed me a lot because I can never think anything other than good for my dear ones. What made xx not even to tell this to me?

May be she felt it was not as important to her as there are several things to achieve in life? May be she was very busy? Could she have felt that I would be jealous of her? Just did not strike her that she needs to share it with me? May be it is my mistake to have expectations even though she is a close friend?

This is what I have been thinking from a long time and I still couldn’t figure out. When a close person decides to not share good things, procrastinate in telling something, I could think of all the reasons that I have mentioned above and all the more it hurts. Well she pinged me later in chat but I was busy. So I thought it could be for informing also.

Some times I hate the way people share good things. Didn’t I tell you that I received such and such thing? Oh I hate that kind of delivery so much that I get irritated. I would think who cares! There is another kind of expression where in half the information is swallowed and the rest of it is shared after thinking several times.

I will never tell xx that I felt so bad. Probably will try to figure out her current situation in life and based on that will decide further to let her know diplomatically or to just expunge my thoughts.

2 comments:

Devi Ramachandran said...

Hey

Tat was really an interesting post indeed.

We come across many people like this and if it is from a very close acquaintance it really worries and irritating but we shouldn’t care even a bit about that...jus need to leave it..

People are different, the way i share things or be outspoken to my close ones may not be the same from the other person. But we need to accept people as they are and probably some circumstance/situation stops them from sharing such things...

Though little difficult to digest these things. We need to Keep cool and take it as it is. Am sure we would become very matured interacting with these people (Heheheh :-) )

Regards,

Deviram

cm chap said...

Hey... I knw I'm going to be the odd man out when you complete readg my comment..but still...

My perspective (possibly though not surely) is XX could be going thru something / toiling herself with sometg to the level that most awaited one made her just OK not really ecstatic.

May be she dont want to propagate her frustration. In tht attempt she is not hvg intentions to share the good one as well.

Just another hypothesis...