Friday, August 31, 2007

Funny explanation yet thoughtful

Note:
[I wanted to publish this post a month before. But some how I was not comfortable about it. When I read the post for the first time, my tone itself brought out a feel of sarcasm. But my intention was not that. The conversation in the post made me really laugh but at the same time pity about someone’s aspirations being shattered.
I hope the real epitome of the lying fact is rightly delivered.]

A newly joined employee sits in my bay. Initially when she joined she used to be so quite and V used to tell me that she never talks. Slowly S and I got acquainted to her. She was mapped to a project as a shadow resource along with her other new joined friends. Almost whenever we get to talk to her, she speaks about her manager how reluctant he was about even talking to them. Almost everyday she came late to the office (After all flexi timing has to be availed at the maximum possible extent, no sarcasm meant). Poor she claims that she gets bored sitting like a dumb at office (but she plays games, go for long coffee and lunch breaksJ)).

We once had following conversation.

Me: Hi X! So early to office?
X: They said, am gonna be given challenging work.
Me: Good. That’s why you seem to be so brightJ

After few days:

Me: Hey X. Back to square 1 is it?
X: Am tired. We are thrown out of the project again.
Me: Hmmm. But why do you carry such a huge bag to office?
Started off with any preparations or what?
X: Hahaahhaa. Smilie, you know I have 2 novels and many color pens and magazines
in the bag.
Me: What do you do with color pens? And when do you get to read novels?( I could see the latest Harry Potter and the deathly hallows on her desk).
X: I read them during travel and also sometimes at office. I do keep scribbling pics with my color pens.
Me: Generally I have seen people carrying huge bags for bringing tech books for reference.
X: You know smilie, I would be proud to bring such books without a bag at least to show that am occupied at office. Now that I have all junk I got to cover them up.

X was giggling and said she is avid fan of harry potter and so gonna take a day off to complete the last book in the series.
X might be accepting the situation helplessly but I feel the thirst of knowledge at work place is diminishing in many such X I come across because of over recruitments and also they are derided mostly.

Disclaimer: The intent of the post was to bring out the fact that the career aspirations of many such X are deprived.

2 comments:

cm chap said...

Yeah Smilie.. Its truth..But at this juncture I also wanna highlight the other kind of ppl... who gets on to a role in the project and less than 1 yr of exp they feel they hv no stone left to turn or they feel they r less compensated than what they deserve...

Hence they shift jobs..only to find that previous job was more challenging.....

smilie said...

@chap,
yes you are right about the other kind of people who shift jobs in less than a year.The market standards have created a great impact on everyone for undying want.