Saturday, March 01, 2008

Jodhaa Akbar


The movie was good overall. It’s worth watching once. But I felt I have to watch it once more so that I can remember the sequences. I wanted history, cuz I simply loved it.
But I should have gone back to my history books.
Do you get what I am saying? Yes the movie did not leave any kind of impression. At the same time I cannot say it was boring 3.5 hrs.

For some reasons, the bollywood was under an impression that sharukh and rani best suited for such roles. The convention was broken. Aishwaryaa was so gorgeous. I was awe stuck by her costume. She was like a perfect rajputh women. There cannot be anyone better than Hrithik to have acted as Akbar.
His actions were absolutely awesome. I was very much impressed by his gestures.

The Mughal era was usually described as a violent period with sword swinging and the kind of unimaginable ruthlessness towards Hinduism and its followers. But our history books never thought us the best part of Mughals. I neither went back to my history books nor did a research to find out if Akbar was originally as a person what was shown in the movie.
I even wondered if many of those were fiction.

Ashutosh Gowariker’s screenplay and direction was too good. The lingual difference between rajputh’s and mughals were brought out very well. The dialogue delivery was one aspect that made me feel to watch the movie once more.

Some scenes were really funny. The Maham Anga character was deceived. The kind of importance that was given to the character initially was in vein. Aishwaryaa learns urdu
And asks Akbar to read whatever she had written. Akbar asks her to read since he never learnt
to read/write. The entire theatre broke into laughter when we shouted “Abhishek”.
Kwaja mere song was too good. But the choreography was funny.

One should go and watch the movie to get the real essence I feel.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice evaluation of the movie Jodhaa Akbar. The way you did analysis is simply super, started with movie subject then actors and their roles and comparison of the subjects with the history ....... finally I will plan to see the movie "Jodhaa Akbar"

smilie said...

@Mathan,
Glad you liked the post:)

Devi Ramachandran said...

Iam yet to c both Taare Zameen Par and Jodha Akbar..Ur post has inspired me to c both the movies..

Thanx for d review

Cheers'
Deviram