Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Airtel Super Singer Grand Finals Part I

I was shocked to see the results on Monday. One among the five finalists was eliminated. I was not happy to hear that Prasanna & Ranjini had a difference of 8000+ votes’.

It was excruciating to digest the fact that Ranjini was eliminated. I am not biased because she is my colleague. There were so many aspects that I liked about Ranjini…
She sang almost all the genres and her versatility were applauded by everybody until the finals.
I really don’t understand how the public cast vote?? Or was it an internal politics played to retain Prasanna or Renu? Probably people count appearance as a factor while deciding?
Or luck constitutes 10% of victory?

Ranjini parted with a happy note though. She was confident enough to tell everybody that she would be into playback singing some day. Lastly she sang “mayya mayya” from the film Guru.

What a bold attempt it was to sing that song!

2 comments:

cm chap said...

I hv no idea abt ths Airtel super singer winner.. Only thng I knw is its a corporate singer competition. Sorry for your friend but I also think this will make her emrge much more stronger.

My personal opinion... Lucks constitutes more than 10% victory..

smilie said...

@Chap,

May be...Luck constitutes more than 10%.But we cannot stop working towards the goal thinking about Luck.

All those times when I have felt Luck as an aspect for success, I immediately tell to myself that I need to challenge "Luck".Luck does get defeated someday.