Saturday, May 30, 2009

It’s going to be close to a year since I moved out from OC. Today I was reminded of my friends M, S, R & B. It’s hard to make friends like these four. My stay in S’s house was great. It was a pleasant surprise today when B called me. Those were the critical days when I had to face things, when I missed my family a lot and these people were blessing in disguise. I should say god sent.

Who will take a day off to take care when someone needs attention? M was very kind enough to do that. S called me at frequent intervals to know if I had breakfast, lunch etc…Evening when she was back from office, she would give me a big glass of orange juice…ensures I eat my dinner properly…B cooked dal rice for us. He had damp eyes when he was at S’s place. The entire team came to S’s place.

S wanted to spend time with me till I was there with her. I know she felt every moment was precious. All of them came to the airport when I left…Till I went to the security check, SL, Su, S, M and lot others took pictures.. S gave me a lovely rose before I left home and wanted me to hold it till I boarded the flight.. Su wanted me to have the flower that she gave me…….

Nice friends and lively were those days with them.

1 comment:

Devi Ramachandran said...

Hi Smilie,

A Friend in need is a friend in deed...

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom"

Kudos to all whom you have mentioned in this post... :-)

Cheers'

Deviram