Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I was unwell for the past 2 days. I myself could not understand what was happening within me. Usually when I was unwell, mom asked me so many times”kanna enna ma achu?” I used to hug my mom when I was not okay. So she knows immediately that I am not okay. She knows that I am not a better person in explaining the discomforts and so she would ask all the symptoms like a doctor. Sometimes from the love that she has given me I have even forgotten the next day that I was unwell. Especially when I get to work I forget to eat even if she had asked me to eat any medicines. She used to call me and ensured that I ate everything properly and asked plenty of times if I was okay.
Now, when I am very far away from my beloved mom, sometimes it’s very hard to explain things over the phone. Whenever I have felt low, my sister cracked jokes and made me laugh. Many things like this remind me many instances where mom, dad & darling sis have taken care of me like a princess. I miss them a lot.

My dad always called me princess….When I was living with my parents, my work place was very far away from our home. So usually it was like 8:30 P.M when I was back from work. I will be so tired that I get into the bedroom immediately and would lie down to get some rest. Dad always bought a big 1.5 litres bottle of Maaza and a packet of Lays to kill my unbearable hunger before I ate the dinner.

The other day when I went to buy groceries with my husband, he bought me a Maaza tetra pack. My eyes were full of tears and I was very happy when he told that he understands how much I missed my dad.

3 comments:

Devi Ramachandran said...

Hi Smilie

Misss you sooooooooo much....but no worries we are always there with you...Take Care

Think this post is an extension of the Mother's Day post (:-) )...

Kudos to Appa & Amma and also a Big "Jai Ho"

Lots a Love

Deviram

P.S: Darling Sis :-)

Mee said...

Hey smilie,

Its just so true..that being with amma appa and siblings around is worthless. The care, love untold understanding..
But,its such a positive thing that you have a husband who understands and cares. Going far far away is just god's way of adding more caring people in our life.

Enjoy and take care.

Mee said...

Hey smilie,

Its just so true..that being with amma appa and siblings around is priceless. The care, love untold understanding..
But,its such a positive thing that you have a husband who understands and cares. Going far far away is just god's way of adding more caring people in our life.

Enjoy and take care.